K.C.O.C
Please log in or register before viewing unlimited contents in this forum.Thank you for visiting our website.

How To Degree A Camshaft Kcoc_l10-1

by KCOC administrator.
K.C.O.C
Please log in or register before viewing unlimited contents in this forum.Thank you for visiting our website.

How To Degree A Camshaft Kcoc_l10-1

by KCOC administrator.
K.C.O.C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePORTALGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Dapatkan Marchandise KCOC Sekarang!!! ...Untuk Tempahan Sila Klik sini
Selamat Datang Ke Forum KCOC...Untuk User-User Yang Baru Mendaftar, Sila Buat Sesi Suai Kenal Terlebih Dahulu.. Sila Klik sini
Hubungi Wakil Zon-Zon Kami Sekarang.. Sila Klik sini

Share | 

How To Degree A Camshaft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

How To Degree A Camshaft Vide
PostSubject: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:39

"Degreeing a cam" describes the process used to verify that a cam is installed properly and aligned to the crankshaft as the engineers intended. Several methods can be used to degree a camshaft, Go-Parts™️ explains the "Intake Centerline Method" below. It's quick, easy, and accurate.

Note: Remember that your goal is a hi-performance racing engine, it is in your best interest to follow these instructions. By not following these simple steps, you may reduce horsepower, efficiency, and the performance of your engine.

Note: You can not degree a cam accurately without a degree wheel , a dial indicator , and a fixture to hold the dial indicator.

- We will assume at this point that you have installed your camshaft, that the cam gear timing mark and the crank gear timing mark are aligned, and that both valves are closed. (If the marks are aligned and a valve is open, you need to remove the camshaft and rotate it 180 degrees)

- Install a dial indicator for checking the height of the intake valve lift. (Always use a checking valve or a new valve when degreeing a cam to insure the absence of valve lash)

- Rotate the crankshaft to TDC (top dead center) and install a degree wheel on the crankshaft. Then install the degree wheel pointer aimed at the zero position of the degree wheel and also align the zero position of the dial indicator to the indicator’s needle as a reference point.

- While facing the flywheel side of the engine, rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the dial indicator reads maximum lift and reset the indicator to zero.

- Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise until the dial indicator reads 0.100”

- Rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the indicator reads 0.050”.

- Record the degree wheel reading.

- Rotate the crankshaft further clockwise until the indicator rises to maximum lift and back to 0.050”.

- Record the degree wheel reading.

- Add the two readings from the degree wheel and divide by 2 to find the intake centerline for your setup.
Example: 156 + 46 = 202, 202/2 = 101

- Compare your intake centerline to the intake centerline listed on your camshaft's spec sheet. (The numbers should be the same although ½ degree either side is an acceptable variance due to crank gear and various other engine tolerances)
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:40

If the numbers do not match, there are a few possible reasons:

- you may be reading the degree wheel incorrectly, degree wheels have the low number on the right and the high number on the left. Re-check your degree wheel readings.

- you passed a specific point on the dial indicator and backup up a bit. Doing so may introduce errors. You must start over, do not pass a point and back up.

- the camshaft has been installed incorrectly, re-install the camshaft and try again.

- the crankshaft gear’s manufacturing tolerances are at or beyond high or low limits. Gears are available that have multiple timing locations for making adjustment to correct or modify the way a camshaft aligns with a crankshaft.

- Once you have the correct intake centerline reading, you are finished degreeing your camshaft and will want to set the valve lash .
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:41

info mcm xbrapa lengkap..tp,bg otai2 enjin mmg tau suda ne brg..kekeke...
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 15:24

aku pun baru mo blaja ni..nda brani ku pki benda ni....
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 07:35

huhu..mmg mantap lau men ne brg mcm c 'kwn'..hehe
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 11:04

wah...sapa yg sdh pki ne barang????cuba respon dl..hehehe
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 11:20

tggu ownernya buka mulut sndiri la..arap2 dia bc ne topic..mesti dia terasa 2..hehehe
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 11:29

2lah pasal bro..hehehebgtaw lha sedikit rahsia n resipi
Back to top Go down
Emanrina
Emanrina
KCOC Administrator
KCOC Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 13:40

pioneer_syntium pro pakai nie brg..
Back to top Go down
https://kcoc.forumms.net
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 13:56

2lah..skrg dya pki 280 ooooo
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 13:37

huhu..pecah rahsia..
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 15:16

hehehe..diam2 jak bro...
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Lockon
KCOC Junior
KCOC Junior

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 10:55

dia suda jual tu brg..jenama matspeed tu huhu custom made punya
Back to top Go down
Emanrina
Emanrina
KCOC Administrator
KCOC Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:56

aku ada satu...bulum psg lg ...hehehe
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Lockon
KCOC Junior
KCOC Junior

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 11:47

ngam tu bro,psg jgn x psg hehe
Back to top Go down
Emanrina
Emanrina
KCOC Administrator
KCOC Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:34

hehehe....kalo psg tu kompom tarik menarik ja tu nanti...
Back to top Go down
matnoor
matnoor
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 15:56

wow c emarina ada racing cam!!...hehehe..mcm ada next projek ja tu???
Back to top Go down
Emanrina
Emanrina
KCOC Administrator
KCOC Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 22:46

hehehe...pojek gaban tahap dewa tu mat...untuk playang sja bah...wakakaka
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 11:29

bha jual la sma aq tu race cam..hehe
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 14:22

bukan senang mo wat cam ni..mat speed punya cam..otai yg dha berumur yg buat..hehehe..mmg terrer lh pakcik 2...hehehe...ada yg siap suh pakcik 2 buat 286.9 lg,khas custom..respek lha..
Back to top Go down
jai
jai
KCOC Partner Club
KCOC Partner Club

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 02:12

mana pakcik tu?huhu
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 10:35

ada kat kl...still wat cam mat speed
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Lockon
KCOC Junior
KCOC Junior

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 11:10

ble mnta kontek no.pcik tu ka bro?
Back to top Go down
wai88
wai88
KCOC Moderator
KCOC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 15:04

saya xda no.kontek pakcik 2.....kawan yg tlng deal jgk...
Back to top Go down
Lockon
Lockon
KCOC Junior
KCOC Junior

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 16:56

klu deal sma pcik tu,brapa rege dia bg??nma pcik tu??abg ipar aku d tgl d kl,mntau ble jmpa pcik tu
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Degree A Camshaft   How To Degree A Camshaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Degree A Camshaft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K.C.O.C :: K.C.O.C TALK ABOUT COMPACT CAR PERFORMANCE :: ENGINE & PERFORMANCE-